Now, ace jockey Frankie Dettori tests positive for banned drug
London, Nov. 14 (ANI): Italian champion jockey Frankie Dettori, who ended his 18-year association with Godolphin just a month back, has tested positive in a drug test for a banned substance, putting his freelance career in jeopardy.
The samples tested were taken at Longchamp racecourse in Paris in September.
French authorities have remained tight-lipped over the substance involved.
"As a consequence of a positive test at Longchamp on September 16, 2012, he will be the subject of an inquiry by the Medical Committee of France Galop next week," the Daily Express quoted Dettori's solicitor, Christopher Stewart-Moore as saying in a statement.
"In compliance with, and out of respect for, the regulations of France Galop, he will not be commenting further until the procedures have been completed," he said.
The 41-year-old sportsperson had four rides at Longchamp that day, finishing third on Joshua Tree in the Prix Foy and a close second on Farhh in the Prix du Moulin.
"The ball is in France Galop's court," his manager, Peter Burrell said.
Dettori has previously admitted taking diuretics, chocolate laxatives and Lasix to maintain his weight before they were banned in 1998. (ANI)
Pakistani minister warns of more attacks
December 22, 2014 at 6:00 AM
Emotions run high outside home of fallen NYPD offficer
December 22, 2014 at 5:00 AM
Polls close in Tunisian election
December 22, 2014 at 4:20 AM
Sierra Leone midwives return to work in Ebola hotspot
December 22, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Mass for fallen NYPD soldiers, as Mayor comes under criticism
December 22, 2014 at 3:30 AM
Ladies in White march in Havana
December 22, 2014 at 3:20 AM