Man City defender Richards sidelined for four months with knee injury

London, Wed, 31 Oct 2012 ANI

London, Oct 31(ANI): Manchester City defender Micah Richard has said he expects to be out of action for around four months after undergoing a surgery on the knee injury he suffered in Saturday's league win over Swansea City.

It had been hoped that Richards, who had an operation on Monday night, could be back in action within six to eight weeks, but he said he would require at least 12-14 weeks for full recovery.

"I have a brace on it and I am using crutches. I can't do anything at all for the next four to six weeks and I am probably looking at 12-16 weeks before I am back in action," the Daily Express quoted Richards, as saying.

"The positive thing is that the injury has been repaired so the knee will be as good as new," he added.

"I knew straight away in the game that it was quite a bad injury," said Richards. "The knee locked and I couldn't straighten it. I suppose it could have been even worse and not repairable, which would have meant removing the meniscus, so I am being positive," he said.

Richards added: "Injuries are all part and parcel of the job but this coming on top of the other one I do feel a little hard done by."

The injury to Richards leaves manager Roberto Mancini with real problems on the right side of defence, as Pablo Zabaleta and Maicon are out with hamstring and foot problems respectively.

Kolo Toure replaced Richards on Saturday, but he is not registered in City's Champions League squad. (ANI)



LATEST IMAGES
Prime Minister Narendra Modi John Abraham and Nargis Fakhri launch Fitness Studio Indian Telly Award nomination for Poonam Preet Tanisha looks gorgeous in RED Tata Motors gifts two Tata Sumo Gold UVs to the Mumbai Police
MORE...
Social bookmark this page



Post comments:
Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Your Phone :
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image
 
 

Comments: