Lemon Meringue Tart
LEMON MERINGUE TART | Dessert
The soft little bites, the heavenly aroma, the tangy-sweet taste… How can someone resist this Lemon Meringue Tart? A crispy base, tangy citrus centre and fluffy meringue top makes this a pie to die for. This is a perfect recipe to indulge in when you have those occational cravings for something sweet yet tangy for dessert!
All purpose flour/Maida - 250 gms
Icing Sugar - 80 gms
Ground Almond/Badam - 30 gms
Butter - 125 gms
Pinch of Salt
Egg - 1 no.
For Lemon Curd:
Egg - 6 nos
Sugar - 300 grams
Lemon zest/rind - 3 no.'s
Juice of 3 lemons
Melted Butter - 100 grams
Egg Whites - 3 no.'s
Icing Sugar - 60 grams
Pinch of Salt
Appliances requires: Masterchef Gourmet
Step 1: Making the pastry
1. Add the 250 grams of all-purpose flour (maida), 80 grams of icing sugar, 30 grams of ground almonds, 125 grams cold butter cut into cubes, a pinch of salt into the mixing bowl.
2. Now, fix the kneeding hook into tho the Masterchef Gourmet.
3. Lower the kneeding hook into the bowl and fixing the speed at 1, mix the ingredients for 10 seconds.
4. Now, increase the speed to 3 and continue mixing.
5. Once the mixture starts looking like bread crumbs, stop the mixing and fix the lid over the bowl.
6. Pour the egg through the lid and continue mixing till it forms a nice dough ball.
7. Cover it with a cling wrap film and refrigerate it for about 1 hour.
8. Grease the tart tray evenly with butter.
9. Place the refrigerated dough on the center of the tart pan and gently spread it to the sides of the tray by pressing it down with your hands.
10. Prick it with a fork.
11. Now, place a butter paper over it and press down on the center.
12. Now, add some red beans over the butter paper. This makes sure the pastry doesnt rise while baking.
13. Pre-heat the oven at 210 degrees for about 10 minutes.
14. Now, bake the tart for 15 minutes at 210 degrees in an oven.
STEP 2: Make the filling
15. In the mixing bowl, add 6 eggs, 300 grams of sugar, the lemon zest of 3 lemons, juice of 3 lemons and 100 grams of melted butter.
16. Attach the mixer into the Masterchef Gourmet and mix the ingredients at speed 4 for a minute until they are well blended.
17. Remove the butter paper and beans from over the tart base.
18. Pour the lemon-curd mixture over the tart base and bake it at 180 degrees in an oven for 25 minutes.
STEP 3: Make the meringue
19. Add 3 egg whites, 20 grams of icing sugar and a pinch of salt to the mixing bowl.
20. Fix the whisk into the Masterchef Gourmet and mix it for about 1.5 minutes (90 seconds) at speed 5.
21. Once the egg whites are nice and stiff, add 40 grams of icing sugar and whisk until it is completely blended.
22. Spread the meringue over the tart and bake at 180 degrees until the meringue turns a lovely golden-brown in colour.
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com