Cashew Candy | Ventuno Home Cooking
Candys and sweets are a must in every house during the festive seasons. Mostly brought from nearby shops, Cashew candy is one of those really popular sweet delicacies that is widely known all over India. This insanely famous candy, many imagine is one the most difficult sweet to prepare. The proper consistency and balanced taste seems almost impossible to achieve at home. But, to me, this is possibly one of the easiest dish to make which doesn’t have a long process or many ingredients either. So, I thought I can share the recipe with you all too. This is how I prepare the dish. It never fails to satisfy me.
Cashew - 500 gm
Jaggery - 430 gm
Cardamom powder - 2 tsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
1. In a pan or Kadai, add enough oil for deep frying.
2. Once the oil is hot, gently drop some cashew nuts in the oil.
3. Once the cashew nuts turn golden-brown in colour, remove them from the oil.
4. Similarly, fry all the cashew nuts in batches and keep them aside.
5. Add the jaggery to a pot and keep it on the stove top.
6. Pour enough water (around 1 cup) and keep stirring until the jaggery melts completely.
7. Strain the melted jaggery into a wide saucepan to remove all the impurities.
8. Cook the jaggery until it is of a nice string consistency.
9. Add the cardamom powder to the jaggery and mix it in.
10. Add some ghee to the melted jaggery and give it a quick stir.
11. Now, add the roasted cashewnuts to the melted jaggery (caramel) and mix it quickly.
12. Add a little ghee on a plate and grease it well. Transfer the candy mixture into the plate.
13. Coat both your hands with enough ghee. Take a little bit of the mixture in your hands and roll it into small balls.
Voila! Your cashew candy is ready to be served!
Watch more: http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com