Basbousa Cake | Ventuno Home Cooking
Semolina - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Whisked curd - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Melted butter - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
For Sugar Syrup:
Water - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cinnamon - 1 no
1. Take a glass jar, add 1 cup (250 ml) of Semolina (fine rava), 1 cup of Sugar, 1 tsp of Baking powder and give it a quick mix.
2. Add 1 cup of whisked Curd, 1/2 cup of milk and mix dry and wet ingredients together with 1/2 cup of melted butter.
3. Now, add 1/2 tsp of Vanilla essence and mix it well. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
4. Take a cake tin. Grease it with little butter and dust with little all-purpose flour and coat the tin with the flour.
5. Pour the mixed batter into the cake tin.
6. Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 180 degrees.
7. For Sugar syrup. Boil 1 cup of water in a pot, add 3/4 cup of Sugar, 1 pc of Cinnamon and boil for 5 minutes on medium flame.
8. Turn off the stove now and add few drops of rose essence.
9. Bring to room temperature and strain the sugar syrup into a bowl.
10. Pour the sugar syrup over the cake and let it sit for 1 hour.
11. Garnish with little-toasted almond slices and coconut pieces.
Basbousa Cake is ready to serve.
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com