27th Surajkund craft mela 2013: Quick Preview
Thu, 31 Jan 2013
From February 01, 2013 the India's famous 27th International Surajkund craft fair is going to begin amid colors of various
culture. This 15-day cultural fair will open for common public at 9:30 a.m everyday including weekends and would close on
till 7:30 p.m.
The President of India Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate this cultural function on Feb 02, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. At this day
the opening time for common public will be at 1:00 p.m. due to security reason.
Here are some points for visitors to keep in mind while visiting here:
- The opening Time: 09:30 a.m.
- The closing Time: 07:30 p.m.
- Tickets will be available online and offline. The facility of e-ticketing has been initiated this year and visitor can
bring the print out of it. Tickets will also be available at counters for sale.
- For booking tickets online, log on to http://www.haryanatourism.gov.in
- The price of the ticket is Rs.50 per adults per day. There will be 50% concession for physically handicapped, senior
citizens, defence personals and Ex-defence personals while freedom fighters will get entry at free of cost.
- There will be over 735 cultural huts spread over at 40-acre land on which over 1140 artists across the world will
showcase their skill in the fair.
- One family from Haryana and one from Karnataka will stay on at specially made huts to showcase their daily lifestyle.
- To assuage hunger, there will a multi-dishes food court available in the premise where varietes of delicious foods of all
states and participating nations will be available.
- Karnataka is the theme state of this fair. On Feb 09, 2013, Karnataka day will be celebrated.
- Twenty foreign countries are also participating including Euresian countries, South Asean countries and African
- In Euresean countries, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan are participating in cultural programs while Turkmenistan
is also sending its artists and skill persons in this fair.
- In African countries, Rwanda, Guinea, Tunisia, South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Adis Ababa, Cango.and Egypt are
- In South Asia, SAARC nations - Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh are participating. Sri
Lanka is the biggest partner among all nations in this edition of fair.
- The use of Plastic is banned in the premise. Visitors can use eco-friendly bags for carrying the purchasings which will
available at extremely reduced price at sales counter.
- There will be eco-friendly toilets made separately for male and female at various points.
- There will be tight security arrangements inside and nearby the fair premise. CCTV have been installed and women
constables and police officers have been deployed at large scale for the security of girls and women visitors.
- The facilities of vehicle parking has been extended and there will be separate entry and exit points.
- Souvenirs on Surajkund International Mela theme have been developed such as Mugs, T-shirts, Pen Sets, Jewellery boxes,
and Umbrellas which will be made available for sale at affordable prices.
- A number of adventure activities have been added for the children and also a full-fledged amusement park with lot of
swings and rides.
How to reach Surajkund?
Surajkund lies 8 kms from South Delhi. The resort is easily accessible by road. Buses are available to Surajkund from
ISBT, Serai Kale Khan, Haryana Emporium and Baba Kharak Singh Marg. Tourist cabs/tourist coaches to the venue can be hired
from Delhi. Get in touch with your tour operator for individual/group tour package details.
Metro services are also available from Central Secretariat till Badarpur via Sarita Vihar and Mohan Estate. Badarpur is
the closet point to reach Surajkund.