ZARDARI OFFERS PRAYERS AT SUFI SAINT'S SHRINE IN NORTHWESTERN INDIA
NATURAL WITH URDU SPEECH
SOURCE: ANI (PART QUALITY AS INCOMING)
TV AND WEB RESTRICTIONS: NO ACCESS BBC
Zardari offers prayers at Sufi saint's shrine in northwestern India.
Amid tight security, President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari and his son, Bilawal Bhutto offer prayers at the shrine of revered Sufi saint Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in the Ajmer town of India's northwestern Rajasthan state.
AJMER, RAJASTHAN, INDIA (APRIL 08, 2012) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (ANI-NO ACCESS BBC)
1. THE SHRINE OF SUFI SAINT, HAZRAT KHWAJA MOINUDDIN CHISHTI
2. SECURITY PERSONNEL AND MEMBERS OF DELEGATION ACCOMPANYING PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN, ASIF ALI ZARDARI, AT THE SHRINE
3. SECURITY PERSONNEL AND PAKISTAN DELEGATES TAKING SPECIAL OFFERINGS INTO THE SANCTUM SANCTORUM OF THE SHRINE
4. OFFICIALS WALKING IN THE SHRINE'S COMPLEX
5. OFFICIALS STANDING NEAR THE SHRINE
6. PAKISTAN DELEGATES STANDING
7. ZARDARI'S SON AND CHIEF OF PAKISTAN PEOPLES' PARTY, BILAWAL BHUTTO, WALKING OUT OF THE SHRINE'S SANCTUM SANCTORUM WITH DELEGATES
8. BHUTTO STANDING
9. ZARDARI STANDING WITH PAKISTAN DELEGATES
10. ZARDARI WAVING
11. ZARDARI WALKING AWAY
12. BHUTTO WALKING AWAY
13. BHUTTO WAVING
14. BHUTTO WALKING WITH PAKISTAN DELEGATES
15. BHUTTO AND ZARDARI WALKING WITH DELEGATES AND SECURITY PERSONNEL
16. ZARDARI AND BHUTTO WAVING
17. A CLERIC-PRIEST, NAZIR ALI, SHOWING THE ENTRY MADE BY ZARDARI IN THE VISITORS' BOOK OF THE SHRINE
18. (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) ONE OF THE CLERIC-PRIESTS AT THE SHRINE OF HAZRAT KHWAJA MOINUDDIN CHISHTI, JAAN MOHAMMAD, READING ALOUD ZARDARI'S ENTRY IN THE VISITORS BOOK:"The divine joy and peace that I have felt that this revered shrine cannot be explained in words. I pray that may God bless everyone with joy and peace. Amen. Asif Ali Zardari, President of Pakistan."
19. (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) ONE OF THE CLERIC-PRIESTS AT THE SHRINE OF HAZRAT KHWAJA MOINUDDIN CHISHTI, NAZIR ALI, SAYING:
"One million dollars, one million dollars is what Mr. Zardari has donated to the shrine."
20. OFFICIALS STANDING IN THE SHRINE'S COMPLEX
STORY: Amid tight security, President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari and his son, Bilawal Bhutto offered prayers at the shrine of Sufi saint Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in the Ajmer town of India's northwestern Rajasthan state on Sunday (April 08).
The shrine, Chishti's tomb, is one of the most revered pilgrimage sites for Muslims in the Indian subcontinent.
However, people from other faiths-such as Hindus and Sikhs-also visit the shrine, which is located 350 kilometres southwest of Indian capital New Delhi.
Zardari and Bhutto arrived at the shrine with a large delegation comprising officials and associates from Pakistan to pay obeisance at Chishti's mausoleum.
Clerics at the shrine guided and assisted the President of Pakistan with the prayers and rituals at the tomb.
Zardari and Bhutto also presented special offerings-comprising a large cloth, flowers and incense sticks-at the shrine, while praying for friendly relations between India and Pakistan.
Overwhelmed by the spiritual experience, a visibly happy Zardari smiled and waved at waiting mediapersons after his visit to the shrine.
One of the cleric-priests at the mystic's tomb, Jaan Mohammad, read aloud the comments penned down by Zardari in the shrine's visitors' book.
"The divine joy and peace that I have felt that this revered shrine cannot be explained in words. I pray that may God bless everyone with joy and peace. Amen. Asif Ali Zardari, President of Pakistan," said Mohammad.
The visiting President of Pakistan also donated Rs. five crores (one million dollars) on behalf of his government at the Chishti's shrine.
"One million dollars, one million dollars is what Mr. Zardari has donated to the shrine," said one of the cleric-priests at the tomb, Nazir Ali.
Zardari had earlier visited the shrine with his wife, former Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto, in 2005.
Benazir Bhutto, who was assassinated on December 27, 2007 after she returned to Pakistan from exile-had immense faith in Chishti.
Earlier in the day, Zardari had very fruitful and constructive talks with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his stopover in New Delhi. Both sides expressed satisfaction after the talks.
Zardari would be returning to Pakistan later in the day.
Read More: BENAZIR BHUTTO | MUMBAI:: GATE WAY OF INDIA | INDIA - General Information | GOLDEN INDIA PARTY | RESERVE BANK OF INDIA | STUDENTS ISLAMIC MOVEMENT OF INDIA | SUPREME COURT OF INDIA | ALL INDIA ANNA DRAVIDA MUNNETRA KAZHGAM | INDIA | Ajmer | Hazrat Nizamuddin | Ramnagar Amawan Sufi | Tanda Sufi | Khwaja Nagla | Mundri Mohalla Ajmer | Nawab Ka Bera Ajmer Ndtso | Purani Mandi Ajmer Ndtso | Raj. Edu. Board Ajmer | Khwaja Dolaigaon | Hazrat Sain | Manmohan Singh
May 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM
PAIN OF LOVE IS VERY SWEET, SAYS RANBIR KAPOOR
May 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
DARING VEENA MALIK WALKS RED LIGHT AREA WITH CONDOM IN HAND!
May 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM