- China is a threat to global good
- Sri Lanka: Humanitarian disaster in making
- Election 09: No one talking about checking money lending
- Reforms in IMF policies demanded
- Election '09 - Cash for Vote an established norm
- Muslims as Vote bank
- What do Varun Gandhi's pronouncements mean?
- Past, Present and Future of the Indian National Congress
- Elections, IPL and Security Concerns
- The same old question: Can Pakistan survive?
Tackling terrorism: A call to Hindu and Muslim religious leaders
NI Wire, Mon, 8 Dec 2008
The recent assault on Mumbai is the most deadly terrorist attack that India has witnessed so far, and it has shaken every Indian.
Three years of Right to Information, but where are the women?
WFS, Fri, 5 Dec 2008
The movement for the Right to Information (RTI), born in Rajasthan in the mid-nineties, caught the imagination of ordinary people.
It is a war on India - horrible and devastating
M Shamsur Rabb Khan, Thu, 27 Nov 2008
What could be India's 9/11 the terror attacks on Mumbai on Wednesday night and the following day witnessed an unprecedented trail of the death and destruction.
Activists decry Govt's deferment of pictorial health warnings
Shobha Shukla, Thu, 27 Nov 2008
Civil society in India has strongly condemned the recent decision of the Group of Ministers (GOM) in India to defer the implementation of pictorial health warnings on tobacco
Why this change of policy on terror?
M Shamsur Rabb Khan, Wed, 12 Nov 2008
Does it not sound odd when Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray talks of human rights violation, a forte supposed to be of activists, minorities and academics? Does his statement not echo those of the leader of the Muslim or Christian or Dalit
MNS malevolence needs to be mauled
Sri Lanka issue: Will Manmohan Singh's government fall?
Facing troubles: Assam CM's way
Adding colour to news from Northeast