TV AND WEB RESTRICTIONS: NO ACCESS BBC
Emir of Qatar arrives in New Delhi.
The Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani arrives in New Delhi on a state visit to India.
NEW DELHI, INDIA (APRIL 08, 2012) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (ANI-NO ACCESS BBC)
1. AN AIRCRAFT OF QATAR AIRWAYS ON THE RUNWAY
2. AIRCRAFT TAXYING ALONG THE DISPERSAL AREA
3. THE AIRCRAFT COMING TO A HALT
4. PROTOCOL OFFICERS OF INDIA STANDING
5. QATAR EMIR, SHEIKH HAMAD BIN KHALIFA AL-THANI SHAKING ALIGHTING FROM THE AIRCRAFT
6. EMIR SHEIKH HAMAD BIN KHALIFA AL-THANI THANI SHAKING HANDS WITH INDIAN OFFICIALS
7. EMIR SHEIKH HAMAD BIN KHALIFA AL-THANI THANI WALKING TO THE STAFF CAR
8. EMIR SHEIKH HAMAD BIN KHALIFA AL-THANI SEATED IN THE VEHICLE
9. THE VEHICLE MOVING
10. EMIR SHEIKH HAMAD BIN KHALIFA AL-THANI WAVING
11. EMIR SHEIKH HAMAD BIN KHALIFA AL-THANI'S CAVALCADE LEAVING THE AIRPORT
STORY: The Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani arrived in New Delhi on a state visit to India on Sunday (April 08).
During his three-day state visit, the Emir will hold bilateral talks with Indian leaders including Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh.
The agenda in his talks with Indian leaders include topics such as business, oil, trade and infrastructure.
The Emir of Qatar is accompanied by his wife Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, a high-level ministerial delegation, senior officials and businessmen.
This is the third visit of the Emir to India, the last two being in 1999 and 2005.
During his stay in India, the Emir will meet President Patil who will host a banquet in honour of the visiting dignitary.
Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari and External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna will call on the Emir.
President of India's ruling Congress Party, Sonia Gandhi is also expected to meet the Emir.
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh visited Qatar in November 2008.
India's ties with Qatar have been historically close and friendly.
Qatar is the largest supplier of LNG to India.
This Middle Eastern nation also hosts an Indian community of around 500,000 persons.
The visit of the Emir is expected to provide further impetus to our multifaceted engagement.
Read More: MUMBAI:: GATE WAY OF INDIA | INDIA - General Information | GOLDEN INDIA PARTY | INDIAN NATIONAL LEAGUE | RESERVE BANK OF INDIA | DELHI UNIVERSITY | INDIAN RAILWAYS | INDIAN PARLIAMENT | DELHI TRANSPORT CORPORATION | STUDENTS ISLAMIC MOVEMENT OF INDIA | DELHI METRO RAIL CORPORATION | SUPREME COURT OF INDIA | INDIAN CONSTITUTION | ALL INDIA ANNA DRAVIDA MUNNETRA KAZHGAM | INDIAN NATIONAL CONGRESS | INDIA | Qatar | Sheikh | Basti Sheikh | Hamad | Ansar | Sonia | Hami | Congress