New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) A 23-year-old helper on a Municipal Corporation of Delhi(MCD) garbage truck was badly burnt when he came in contact with a high-tension wire in west Delhi Sunday afternoon, police said. The truck also caught fire in the incident.
The incident took place around 12.25 p.m. near DAV public school in Vikas Puri, when Manish was standing on its roof as the truck was picking garbage near the school.
"As soon as the victim came in contact with the wire, a spark erupted and the truck was engulfed in flames. Manish, a resident of west Delhi's Uttam Nagar, was rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya hospital with 80 percent burn injuries where his condition is stated to be critical," said a police official.
A fire service official said that a fire tender was sent to the spot and the fire was doused within half-an-hour.
Read More: Vikas Puri | Uttam Nagar | Dayal Pura | Dayal Nagar | J K Puri | Vikas Nagar Po | Dauli Raghuwar Dayal | Jabahi Dayal | Krishna Puri | Dayal Bagh | Deo Puri | Rajkot Municipal Corporation C | Dayal | Bhuj Din Dayal Nagar | Municipal Corporation | Santacruz(west) | Vileparle(west) | K.p.west Po | Rampur Dayal | Pakari Dayal