New Delhi, April 11 (IANS) Following is the list of some of the major quakes in India since 1950:
* Sep 18, 2011: 6.8-magnitude quake hits northern and eastern India.
* Sep 7, 2011: 4.2-magnitude quake jolts Delhi and adjoining areas, with its epicenter near Sonepat, Haryana.
* Oct 8, 2005: 7.6-magnitude quake strikes Indian and Pakistani-held Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh, killing over 80,000 people, mostly in Pakistan.
* Dec 26, 2004: Over 200,000 die when a 9.3 magnitude temblor rattled Indonesia's Sumatra island, unleashing a tsunami that hit India, Sri Lanka, Thailand and the Maldives.
* Jan 26, 2001: 7.7-magnitude earthquake kills over 20,000 in Gujarat, mainly in Kutch, Ahmedabad and Bhuj.
* Sep 30, 1993: 6.4-magnitude quake leaves 7,928 people dead in Latur, Maharashtra.
* Oct 20, 1991: 6.6-magnitude in Uttarakashi region of Uttar Pradesh.
* Aug 21, 1988: 6.4-magnitude quake on Bihar-Nepal border.
* Aug 6, 1988: 6.6-magnitude quake on Manipur-Myanmar border.
* Jan 19, 1975: 6.2-magnitude quake in Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh.
* Dec 10, 1967: 6.5-magnitude quake in Koyna, Maharashtra.
* July 21, 1956: 7-magnitude quake in Anjar, Gujarat.
* Aug 15, 1950: 8.5-magnitude quake on India-China border in what is now Arunachal Pradesh.
Read More: Bhuj | Kinnaur | Latur | Himachal Pradesh | Maharashtra | Anjar Bo | Bhuj Darbargadh Chowk | Bhuj Ho | Bhuj Din Dayal Nagar | Bhuj B S F Camp | Anjar | Gujarat University | Ramnagar Latur Ndtso | Hatte Road Latur Ndtso | Labour Colony Latur Ndtso | Midc Latur Ndtso | Latur Bazar Ndtso | Latur Ho | Latur Rs Ndtso | Tilaknagar Latur Tso | Maldi