Some exciting egg recipes:
Chef Saby - Sabyasachi Gorai - who was honoured with the Indian National Tourism Board's Best Chef 2011 award by President Pratibha Patil this month recommends Egg Malvani Curry from the Konkan region of Maharashtra and Goa. 'I just love the Egg Malwani curry,' Saby says.
EGG MALVANI CURRY - One of the popular styles of Malvani Egg Curry
Eggs 4 nos (hard boiled eggs)
Green chillies 2 nos (medium spicy)
Fresh coriander leaves 1/2 cup (coarsely chopped)
Garlic 4 nos
Ginger coarsely chopped
Onion 1 1/2 no ( chopped)
Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Fresh coconut 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
Malvani masala 1 1/2 tbsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Dry red chillies 2 nos
Hing a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil 2tbsp + 3 tbspMethod :
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan add chopped onions and saute till translucent. Now add grated fresh coconut. Saute till onions and coconut are light golden in colour. Turn off the flame and let it cool for some time.
2. In a blender add ginger, garlic, green chilli, coriander leaves and sauted onion and coconut and grind into fine paste.
3. Using the same pan, heat 3 tbsp of oil add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Add hing and dry red chillies.
4. Add the fresh grounded paste and saute the masala till oil separates from the masala.
5. Add red chilli powder, malvani masala and saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add enough water to make a semi thick gravy or as preferred gravy consistency. Add salt and sprinkle garam masala.
7. Let it boil until oil is seen on the surface.
8. Cut the boiled eggs in half and add to the gravy.
9. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapati and some slices of onion and a lemon wedge.
DEVILED STUFFED EGGS
12 hard-cooked eggs
1/3 c. finely chopped pickles or sweet relish
1/3 c. salad dressing
2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp. salt
Remove egg shells. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove and mash egg yolks. Dice 1 egg white.
To make filling: In medium bowl, combine yolks, diced egg white, pickles, salad dressing, onion and salt.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each remaining egg white half. Garnish with half a pimento olive. Cover, refrigerate until serving time, at least for four hours.
Read More: Maharashtra | Green Park Market | Patil R.s. | Humble | Haripur Patil | Gorai | Indian Press | United Salt Work | Matri Indian Antartic Station | Chichondi Patil | Chennai National Terminal | Indian Institute Of Technology | Mv Salt Complex | Indian Research Po | Golf Green | Kaziranga National Park | Indian Nation | Gara | Betla National Park | Indian School Of Mines | Raigarh,Maharashtra