Core and Arm Strengthening Series - Part 1
Urdhva Prasarita Padasana (Raised Stretched-Out Foot Pose)
1. Lie on your back, with your legs fully extended along the floor.
2. With your legs reaching up, loop a belt around your feet and hold the ends. Rest your elbows on the floor.
3. Press the backs of your arms down and expand your chest.
4. Firm your thighs and grip the muscles around the knees.
5. Lift the legs up to 90 degrees.
6. Begin to lower them gradually to a count of 10 until your lower back starts to arch off the floor, at which point you should exhale smoothly and bring your legs back to vertical.
7. Keep the surface of your belly relatively soft and maintain the natural arch in your lower back.
8. Maintain the inner rotation of your thighs and the active push through the backs of your heels.
If you are an intermediate -advanced practitioner, you can try the pose without using the belt.
Start with 4-6 reps and increase to 12-15 reps. Repeat for 3-4 rounds.
Strengthens low back and psoas muscles
Tones abdominal muscles
Avoid with low back and hip injuries
Watch more: 21frames.in/yogaandyou
Like us: facebook.com/VentunoYoga
Follow us: instagram.com/ventunoyoga
Follow us: twitter.com/VentunoYoga
A Ventuno Production http://www.ventunotech.com