New Delhi, Mar 16 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) today told the Supreme Court that a chargesheet will be filed against former Telecom Minister A. Raja in the 2G spectrum scam by March 31.
The CBI told the court that a chargesheet would also be filed against two companies in the 2G scam by March 31.
Stating that many new facts have come out during the probe, the CBI said the agency would also file its latest status report in the scam before the apex court on March 29.
The court also directed the investigating agency to place on March 29 transcripts of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia's telephonic conversation tapped by the I-T department.
On Tuesday, the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) submitted their status reports on the scam to the Supreme Court.
The Enforcement Directorate informed the court that 31 firms have been summoned in connection with the scam. The ED's report also stated that it has uncovered large-scale violations of foreign exchange laws, money laundering and forgery.
Those quizzed so far include Tamil Nadhu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi's daughter Kanimozhi, his wife Dayalu Ammal, Managing Director of Kalaingar TV Sharad Kumar.
Both Dayalu Ammal and Kanimozhi collectively have nearly 80 per cent stake in the channel.
The CBI had earlier told the Supreme Court that it will file the first chargesheet in 2G scam against former Telecom Minister A Raja and others under Prevention of Corruption Act (PCA) for cheating and forgery by March 31.
The probe into the 2G scam has shown links between Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa and Kalaignar TV. Balwa was the fourth high profile person arrested in connection with the scam.
The others arrested in connection with the case are A Raja, his personal secretary RK Chandolia and former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behuria. (ANI)