Moradabad (UP), Jan 22 (ANI): Seven women workers were hospitalised after a toffee-manufacturing factory sprung a gas leak in Uttar Pradesh's Moradabad district.
The workers were admitted to a private nursing home after they began vomiting.
"I have got to know that in a toffee manufacturing factory, a furnace or something had burst and they had inhaled carbon monoxide. As of now five patients are stable, while the other two have low oxygen saturation," said Nitin Batra, a doctor.
He said the low oxygen saturation detected in two patients indicates some damage to their lungs, adding that since it was a case of carbon monoxide poisoning it could be treated within hours.
The victims are between the ages of 15-18 years. (ANI)
Read More: Moradabad