Canberra, April 21 (ANI): An Australian man, who claimed his daughter was left severely brain damaged after eating snacks from a Kentucky fried Chicken (KFC) outlet, has won a court battle against the fast-food chain.
The man, from Sydney, claimed that his daughter, Monika Samaan, was brain damaged due to salmonella poisoning after eating a KFC Twister.
Samaan's family filed a multimillion-dollar compensation case against KFC in the New South Wales Supreme Court, The Herald Sun reports.
The NSW Supreme Court has now passed the judgment in favour of the family.
KFC, which has denied the claims, expressed disappointed over the judgment.
"We feel deeply for Monika and the Samaan family, however, we also have a responsibility to defend KFC's reputation as a provider of safe, high-quality food," the company said in a statement. (ANI)
Read More: Supreme Court | Delhi High Court | Distt. Court (kkd) | Distt Court | Commissioner Court | Jagadhri Court | Session Court | Civil Court Pathankot Ndtso | High Court | Dalhousie Court Road | Udhampur District Court Ndtso | Civil Court | Kanpur Court | Allahabad High Court | Fatehpur Court | Civil Court Ndtso | Session Court Ajmer Ndtso | District Court | Gujrat High Court | Lakshmeshwar Court