Excellent Hair Fall Treatment
Search: Look for:   Last 1 Month   Last 6 Months   All time
Home :: World

Berlusconi 'doesn't regret hosting bunga bunga parties and would do it again'

London, Sat, 21 Apr 2012 ANI
null

London, Apr 21 (ANI): Unlike most politicians, who try to appear contrite after losing office due to a sex scandal, Silvio Berlusconi said of his infamous 'bunga bunga' parties on Friday that he "would host them again".

The 75-year-old PM of Italy, who has been accused of abuse of office and paying 17-year-old prostitute for sex, made the comments as he made a surprise appearance at his own trial in Milan.

Speaking to journalists during a break in proceedings, Berlusconi - who had not shown up to previous hearings - denied that parties held in the basement of his lavish villa were orgies, describing them as "burlesque shows" instead.

"I would host them again - they were a lot less extreme than what you see on TV and at the theatre," the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.

On Monday, model Imane Fadil said Berlusconi paid women to dress as nuns and perform pole dances.

Fadil claimed that she and other women had been paid sums in excess of 2,000 euros by Berlusconi after attending the evenings and that they were recruited by former dental hygienist-turned-politician Nicole Minetti, 27, who also performed at the parties.

The events are said to have taken place at Mr Berlusconi's villa at Arcore - dubbed Hardcore by the Italian media - near Milan over a period of several months between September 2009 and January 2010.

Prosecutors say Mr Berlusconi had sex with 33 prostitutes at his villa over the course of several evenings. He denies the allegations, insisting the soirees were innocent and "elegant".

When the claims first emerged, the media tycoon, who stepped down as prime minister last November, joked that "33 women in two months is too many even for someone who likes pretty girls, like me".

During the break, he Berlusconi was also asked about bank transfers that he had made to the women.

"Yes, I'm taking care of all the girls whose lives have been ruined by the prosecution. The only thing they did wrong was accept a dinner invitation to my home. Some of them have lost their boyfriends and may never have one again," he had said. (ANI)

null


null
LATEST IMAGES
King of Bhutan, the Bhutan Queen and Crown Prince meeting the PM Modi
PM Narendra Modi welcomes the King of Bhutan
PM Modi paying tributes at the portrait of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
People take part in the Run For Unity on the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
PM Modi flagging off the Run For Unity on the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
null
null
Post comments:
Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Your Phone :
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image
 
 

Comments:


   

OTHER TOP STORIES


Excellent Hair Fall Treatment
Careers | Privacy Policy | Feedback | About Us | Contact Us | | Latest News
Copyright © 2015 NEWS TRACK India All rights reserved.