Excellent Hair Fall Treatment
Search: Look for:   Last 1 Month   Last 6 Months   All time
Home :: World

Haqqani admits to making 8 'non memo related' phone calls to Ijaz between May 9 and 12, 2011

Islamabad, Thu, 22 Mar 2012 ANI

Islamabad, Mar 22(ANI): Pakistan's former ambassador to the United States Husain Haqqani has admitted to making at least eight phone calls of about 40 minutes to Pakistan- American businessman Mansoor Ijaz between May 9 and 12, 2011, but denied that the MemoGate was the topic of their conversation.

Haqqani submitted a rejoinder to evidences provided by Ijaz to the commission probing the Memo scandal in which the former denied having arranged a meeting between Ijaz and President Asif Ali Zardari on May 5, 2009, The Dawn reports.

Haqqani said he had 'no knowledge' about Ijaz calling former US National Security Advisor General James Jones to finalise a message from the Pakistan Government that was to be conveyed to former Chairman, US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen.

He also denied having any knowledge of the handwritten notes in Ijaz's possession and their context or any email exchanges with Ijaz regarding preparation of the memo. He, however, admitted to have exchanged 83 emails of 92 pages over the past ten years.

Haqqani admitted to a telephonic conversation in which Ijaz had told him about the way forward to deliver the message to Admiral Mullen, but denied that the call had been made for delivering the memo.

Ijaz, a central character of the scandal, had claimed Haqqani had dictated contents of the memo to him in the first call that lasted for over 16 minutes while he communicated General James Jones' demands in the May 9 call.

He claimed that he had informed Haqqani about the way forward to deliver the memo toAdmiral Mike Mullen in the third call.

He also claimed that he and Haqqani discussed last-minute changes in the memo and the results of the meeting with Admiral Mullen in the fourth and fifth call. Ijaz left voice messages for Haqqani in the last three calls.

In his earlier 25-page reply through his lawyers Sajid Tanoli and Sikandar Naeem Qazi, Haqqani did not deny his contacts with Ijaz, but rejected suggestions of having an interaction with the latter between May 9 and May 12, 2011. (ANI)


LATEST IMAGES
King of Bhutan, the Bhutan Queen and Crown Prince meeting the PM Modi
PM Narendra Modi welcomes the King of Bhutan
PM Modi paying tributes at the portrait of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
People take part in the Run For Unity on the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
PM Modi flagging off the Run For Unity on the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
Post comments:
Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Your Phone :
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image
 
 

Comments:


 

OTHER TOP STORIES


Excellent Hair Fall Treatment
Careers | Privacy Policy | Feedback | About Us | Contact Us | | Latest News
Copyright © 2015 NEWS TRACK India All rights reserved.