New Delhi, Feb 16 (ANI): In response to a statement made by the spokesperson of a political party that no case of terror has been solved by the investigating agencies in the last eight years, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs issued a statement here on Thursday, which said that all almost all major terrorist incident cases have been solved.
"Government's attention has been drawn to a statement made by the spokesperson of a political party that no case of terror has been solved by the investigating agencies in the last eight years," said a Home Ministry release.
"We have compiled a list of major terrorist incidents since May, 2000. Major terrorist incident is defined as a case where at least some persons have suffered injuries," the release adds.
The Ministry of Home Affairs informed that since May 2000, there have been 46 major terrorist incidents. Of these, all but seven cases have been solved.
In nine cases, convictions have been obtained. In the remaining 30 cases, charge sheets have been filed in 29 cases and trial has commenced in 19 cases. Two cases ended in acquittal and appeals have been preferred.he Ministry of Home Affairs further said that of the 7 "unsolved" cases; four cases are close to being solved. he recent busting of an IM module has revealed that the said module was responsible for the following incidents:
1. 13.2.2010 - Bomb blast at German Bakery, Pune
2. 17.4.2010 - Bomb blast near Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
3. 19.9.2010 - Shoot out and blast near Jama Masjid, Delhi
4. 13.7.2011 - Serial bomb blasts in Mumbai The Ministry of Home Affairs said as regards the German Bakery case, one charge sheet has been filed, one of the accused is facing trial, and six accused have been declared absconders.he Ministry of Home Affairs further informed that some cases are being reinvestigated or further investigated.
The following cases fall in this category :
1. 08.09.2006 - Bomb blast in Malegaon, Maharashtra
2. 18.02.2007 - Bomb blast in Samjhauta Express, Haryana
3. 18.05.2007 - Bomb blast in Mecca Masjid, Andhra Pradesh
4. 11.10.2007 - Bomb blast in Ajmer Shariff Dargah, Rajasthan
5. 29.09.2008 - Bomb blast in Malegaon, Maharashtra
6. 29.09.2008 - Bomb blast in Modassa, Gujarat
The Ministry of Home Affairs said the National Investigating Agency (NIA) as arrested Nabakumar Sarkar @ Swami Aseemanand, Lokesh Sharma, Devender Gupta and some others.
"Recently, NIA has arrested Kamal Chouhan and it is expected that more arrests will be made leading to the solving of the above cases," the Ministry of Home Affairs release said.
"The facts stated above will make it clear that the Government and the investigating agencies are sparing no effort to solve every terror case and bring the perpetrators to justice," the release adds. (ANI)
Read More: Ajmer | Jama Masjid | Masjid Moth | Masjid Domni Ndedso | Chorvad Holiday Home Bo | Malegaon | Ind. Est. Malegaon Sinnar | Malegaon (peint) | Khadak Malegaon | Malegaon Karyat | Malegaon Camp | Sangmeshwar Malegaon | Malegaon City | Malegaon Nayapura Ward | Market Yard Malegaon | Vadner Malegaon | Malegaon Khd. | Malegaon Makata | Dargah-e-hakimi | Bakery Road | Nabakumar Rankhal Para | Jama | Andhra