Search: Look for:   Last 1 Month   Last 6 Months   All time

Electric cigarette explodes in US man's mouth and blows out all his teeth

Washington, Thu, 16 Feb 2012 ANI

Washington, Feb 16 (ANI): A Florida man was left with horrific injuries after an electronic cigarette exploded in his mouth, knocking out all his teeth and part of his tongue, along with setting his room on fire.


Tom Holloway, was smoking the e-cigarette Monday night when his wife heard an explosion from their study.


According to one of Holloway's neighbours, the wife said that it sounded like a firecracker had exploded in the house and heard him scream, WCTI revealed.


Chief Butch Parker of the North Bay Fire District responded to the call.


He said a faulty battery inside the electric cigarette likely caused the accident. Parker described the explosion as if Holloway was holding a "bottle rocket in his mouth."


"I have never heard of or seen anything like this before," ABC News quoted Parker as saying.


Parker said there was no way to recognize the brand of e-cigarette Holloway was smoking, but the battery appeared to be rechargeable lithium because there was a recharging station in the study.


Holloway, a Vietnam veteran, photographer and father of three, reportedly stopped smoking two years ago and turned to e-cigarettes to kick his smoking habit. (ANI)


Manohar Lal being presented with a memento
Manoj Tiwari BJP Relief meets the family members of late Ankit Sharma
Haryana CM Manohar Lal congratulate former Deputy PM Lal Krishna Advani on his 92nd birthday
King of Bhutan, the Bhutan Queen and Crown Prince meeting the PM Modi
PM Narendra Modi welcomes the King of Bhutan
Post comments:
Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Your Phone :
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image




Excellent Hair Fall Treatment
Careers | Privacy Policy | Feedback | About Us | Contact Us | | Latest News
Copyright © 2015 NEWS TRACK India All rights reserved.