Washington, Jan 31 (ANI): Florence Welsh has revealed that on a recent trip to New York, she got so drunk that she accidentally set fire to the hotel room she was sleeping in.
The British singer was in the city to perform an acoustic gig and afterwards she partied with rapper Kanye West and Swedish singer Lykke Li in her dressing room.
Welsh got so drunk she ripped her dress, lost her cell phone and chipped a tooth, before heading back to her hotel room, where she left a candle burning.
"I think I must have had about 17 Dirty Martinis. I lost my phone and ripped my dress very badly. I accidentally set fire to The Bowery Hotel because I'd left a cinnamon tea light burning," Contactmusic quoted her as telling Britain's Q magazine.
"I came back to the hotel, passed out in my ripped dress - no phone, chipped tooth - came round and there was black stuff all over the wall, my book had melted on the bedside table and there was a bucket of water on the floor. Actually the last scene you want to wake up to with a hangover. Half the room was singed," she said.
The Florence and the Machine frontwoman admits her antics also left a noticeable mark on her bank balance.
"My American publicist was like, 'Ah yes, there was a very big bill on my credit card.' But the fire damage was only a couple of hundred," she said.
"The big bill was the bl**dy dressing room drinks bill. Kanye West, Lykke Li, me, the doormen, most of Lower Manhattan, whoever, drinking Dirty Martinis and what have you. (The amount is) undisclosed," she said. (ANI)
Read More: Lower Subansiri | Lower Dibang Valley | Lower Ghallour | Lower Averi | Boda Lower | Rit Lower Bo | Lower Tipri | Lower Mundah | Lower Manair Dam Colony | Lower Anicut | Suruliyar Lower Camp | Lower Chongtong Bo | Lower Soureni | Lower Dzongu | Lower Lumpi | Lower Chandmari | West Panisagar | West Nalkata | West Lohianagar | Lower Bazar