Washington, Jan 24(ANI): In a tit- for tat move, both the Pakistan and the US armies have rejected their counterpart's probe findings on the deadly November 26 NATO airstrike.
Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby confirmed that the Pakistani army had officially delivered a copy of the probe to the US but said that the investigation overlooked the fact that both sides had committed mistakes.
"The statement that this was an unprovoked attack by US forces is simply false. It was not an unprovoked attack. There were errors made by both sides here," The Express Tribune quoted Captain Kirby, as saying.e regretted that Pakistan had refused to participate in a joint probe initiated by the US military, and called on the latter to re-open the NATO supply routes, which had been closed since the attack.
Meanwhile, the Pakistan Army also rejected the US probe report on the attack.
"Pakistan does not agree with several portions and findings of the investigation report, as these are factually not correct. Affixing partial responsibility of the incident on Pakistan is therefore unjustified and unacceptable," a Pakistan army statement said.
The US probe findings, which were released on December 22, had held both American and Pakistani armies responsible for the deadly strike. (ANI)
Read More: UNODC | UNAIDS | UNESCO | UNHCR | UNICEF | UNIDO | United Nations Volunteers | UNIFEM | WFP | World Bank | UNIC | ILO | United nations | IAEA | American Samoa | Kirby Place | Army Head Quarter | Assam Tribune | B.supply | Captain Reserve