Steam Dosa | Ventuno Home Cooking
Dosa is a really easy to make popular breakfast dish of South India. It is one of the most healthy and nutritious South-Indian meals. However, this dosa we are making today is different from the common dosa, that is steamed. This soft and spongy steam dosa is eaten for breakfast and as a snack. It is typically served with coconut or onion chutney.
Rice - 1 cup
Urad dal - 1/2 cup
Toor Dal - 2 tbsp
Methi seeds (Fenugreek) - 1 tsp
Sago seeds - 1/2 cup
Rock salt - 1 tsp
1. Add rice, urad dal, Toor dal and Methi seeds to a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour enough water in the bowl and let it soak for about three hours.
3. In another bowl, wash the sago and drain the water. Now, soak the sago with enough water for about three hours.
4. After three hours, remove the excess water and add the soaked ingredients in a mixer jar. Add a little bit of water to get a nice fine batter.
5. Grind the ingredients to a nice and smooth batter.
6. Add some rock salt to the batter and mix well.
7. Do not refrigerate the batter. Let it ferment for at least 8 hours.
8. Once fermented, the batter will rise nicely.
9. Now, add a little salt and mix well.
10. Heat a non-stick tawa or pan.
11. Pour a little of the batter into the pan.
12. Without adding any ghee or oil, close the lid and steam cook the dosa for about 3 or 4 minutes.
Steam Dosa is ready to be served!
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com