Wheat Kesari | Ventuno Home Cooking
Wheat Kesari | Sweets
Rava Kesari or Kesari Bath is a south Indian sweet that is often made for festive occasions and on special days. It is also offered to the gods as Prasadam during several festivals like Navratri, Dusshera or Diwali. However, the normal rava Kesari is not exactly a healthy dessert. So, why not try a different, healthier variety of Kesari by preparing it using Wheat rava?
Making a soft, shiny and lump-free Kesari like hotel must be the dream of many beginners in cooking. I used to wish the same. Yet, I found out later, this is one of the easiest recipes to be made! Hence, it is an ideal recipe for beginners! Here is a short recipe for this simple dish!
Broken wheat - 1/2 cup
Water - 3 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
1. First, take a wide saucepan and add 1 Tsp of ghee to it.
2. Roast some cashew nuts and raisins in the tawa.
3. Once the cashew nuts turn a lovely golden-brown in colour, remove them from the pan and keep them aside.
4. In the same saucepan, add some more ghee.
5. Roast the broken wheat in the pan for about a minute.
6. Now, reduce the flame and add enough water to the pan.
7. Close the pan with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
[Add 3 1/2 cups of water for 1/2 cup of cracked wheat or whole wheat rava (bigger sized). For very fine wheat rava, use 2 cups of water.]
8. After 10 minutes, make sure the cracked wheat is cooked well before adding the ghee and sugar.
9. Now, add the 1/4 cup of ghee to the cooked rava and mix it in well.
10. Now, add the sugar and mix well.
11. Add the cardamom powder. You can add more sugar if needed at this point.
[Optional: You can add orange colouring agent]
12. Finally, add roasted raisins and cashew nuts.
13. Let it sit for 5 minutes before you serve.
Your Wheat Kesari is ready to be served!
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com