Peanut Chutney | Ventuno Home Cooking
Bored of the regular chutneys?? Every family has those members who harbour a deep love for peanuts! Be it roasted, boiled or just eaten raw, Peanuts always taste the best and never fail to satisfy our taste buds! And, it is one of those food items that is used in several ways. It can be eaten plain as a snack, or added to other snack items like Bhel or even to many main course meals! Peanut Chutney is one such item that is made using these wholesome peanuts! It is a simple and delicious recipe which tastes good with Idlies and Dosas. So, without much ado, here we are with an easy recipe on how to prepare a bowl of this delicious chutney!
Peanut - 3/4 cup
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Garlic cloves - 4 no
Red Chili - 4 no
Rock salt - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. Take a wide pan, add some peanuts and dry-roast them till they turn brown.
2. Once roasted, turn off the stove and let the peanut cool.
3. Now, remove the skin from the peanuts. Just rub them gently so that the skin comes out.
4. Grind the peanuts, grated coconut, garlic, red chillies, rock salt and some water using a mixer to form a nice chutney.
5. Take a little pan and add about 2 Tsp.'s of oil to it.
6. Add some urad dal and mustard seeds to the oil.
7. Once the mustard seeds start splattering, turn off the stove and add the curry leaves.
8. Add this tempering to the chutney.
9. Your peanut chutney is ready to be served. You can have it with some hot Idli or Dosa!
It is okay if the skin of the peanuts looks burnt while roasting. You need to roast them well so they are completely roasted from the inside as well. Or, you can use skinless peanuts if you have them. Roast the skin-less peanuts until they are golden-brown in colour.
Watch more: http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com