Karamani Sundal (Black Eyed Peas Sundal)
BLACK EYED PEAS (KARAMANI) SUNDAL | Snacks | Side dish
Sundal is a very healthy, filling and protein packed dish. You can give sundal as a snack for children after they return from school. Navratri is one of those festivals, when every household prepares some type of sundal every day as part of their menu. However, most prepare the same repeated recipes over and over again simply because of a lack of knowledge of other recipes. This is why, we have come to your rescue this time. Try somthing different this Navratri by making this simply Black Eyed Peas Sundal a part of your menu!
Black eyed peas are one of those food items that aren't much used, but are packed with goodness and a lot of protiens. This black eyed peas sundal is not only healthy dish but it is also highly nutritious and realy simple to prepare. It is a sundal recipe that is really famous during the Navratri season. This sundal is also served as a Prasadam in many south Indian temples.
Karamani/Black eyed pea/Lobia - 1 cup
Onion - 1 no. chopped
Green chili - 1 no. finely chopped
Oil - 2 Tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 Tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 Tsp
Red chili - 2 nos
Hing/Asafoetida powder - a pinch
Few Curry leaves
1. Add a cup of black eyes peas in a bowl.
2. Pour enough water and let the peas soak for about 3 hours.
3. Now, transfer the peas and water to a presser cooker. Add a little salt and pressure cook it.
4. Now, take a pan and add about two tsp.'s of oil in it.
5. Add 1/2 tsp. urad dal, 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds, two red chillies, a pincj pf asafoetida powder (hing) and a few curry leaves to the pan.
6. Saute the ingredients for a while, then add the chopped onions and a finely chopped green chilli.
7. Saute until the onions transparent in colour.
8. Finally, once the onions are transparent, add the cooked black eyes peas and mix well.
9. Your Black Eyed Peas Sundal is ready to be served!
1. This is one of the most easiest sundal's since the peas only need 3 hours of soaking. Hence, if you ever need to prepare a buffet at short notice, this is the sundal recipe I would recommend. It is also a very simple recipe, so it is perfect for a person just learning how to cook.
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com