Onion - 3 nos chopped
Green chili - 3 nos slit
Few Curry leaves
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Mutton - 1 kg
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chili powder - 4 tsp
Salt to taste
Water - 1 1/2 cups
Gongura/Sorrel leaves - 2 bunches
1. Take a pressure cooker, add sesame oil, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and fennel seeds.
2. Add 3 chopped onions, 3 slit green chilies, few curry leaves and saute well.
3. Once the onion turns brown, add 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste. Reduce the flame saute it.
4. Add 1kg of mutton pieces, 1 tsp of turmeric powder, 4 tsp chili powder, salt, one and a half cup of water, close and pressure cook it nicely.
5. Take a large pot add little oil, gongura leaves and saute till it gets cooked.
6. Add the cooked meat to the gongura. Simmer for 10 minutes or more, till it becomes thick gravy
7 Gongura leaves give sour taste. So add gongura as per your taste.
8. Finally check for seasoning.
Mouth watering gongura mamsam is ready to taste with steamed rice!
Watch more: http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com