Andhra Egg Curry | Ventuno Home Cooking
ANDHRA EGG CURRY | Main Course - Curry
This egg curry is one of the famous ways to eat eggs in the southern part of India. Since eggs are favourite of many vegetarian (egg-tarians) too, egg curry is most loved main course curry in many homes all-over world. Especially in India/Asia, egg curries have their special place in the every-day menu. Other than taste and lucrative quick dinner promise, during fall-winter seasons, egg curries are one my favourite way to add some natural warmth of spice and eggs in our dinner.
Extremely flavourful and delicious, this Andhra egg curry is a wonderful accompaniment to steamed rice, rotis, naan, string hoppers, appams… Just about anything that can soak up the richness of the gravy.
Boiled Eggs - 10 no.'s
Chopped Tomato - 3 no.'s
Chopped Onion - 2 no.'s
Tamarind puree - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 cup
Oil - 3 Tsp.
A few cloves of Garlic
Green Chili - 1 no
Chilli powder - 1 Tsp.
Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp.
Coriander powder - 2 Tsp.
Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 Tsp.
Urad dal - 1 Tsp.
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp.
Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp.
A few Curry leaves
1. Heat some oil in a pan and add urad dal, mustard seeds & cumin seeds.
2. Once the mustard starts splattering, add onions, green chilis, curry leaves and garlic cloves. Saute till it turns brown in colour.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder & coriander powder. Mix well.
4. Pour the tamarind puree and a cup of water. Mix well
5. Make small cuts on the boiled eggs and add to the curry. Close and cook for 10 minutes
6. Finally, garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Andhra Egg Curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with any type of Indian bread or rice!
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com