London, Dec 22 (ANI): Warner Music Group is removing all music videos by its artists from popular online video-sharing site YouTube after contract negotiations broke down, according to reports.
Warner, which agreed an earlier licensing deal with YouTube in 2006, is associated with big name acts including Madonna, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Linkin Park.
According to the Los Angeles Times, talks between the two firms over licensing agreements for Warner's music videos collapsed last week.
The Google-owned video-sharing website has warned users that "you may notice videos that contain music owned by Warner Music Group being blocked from the site" and said sometimes licensing agreements with other companies could not be secured.
"Every day we work with the music community to license your favourite music for you to use on YouTube. But music licensing is very complicated," the Telegraph quoted YouTube, as saying.
"Sometimes, if we can't reach acceptable business terms, we must part ways with successful partners," it added.
On the other hand, Warner reportedly said it was hoping to resolve the impasse with YouTube.
"We are working actively to find a resolution with YouTube that would enable the return of our artists' content to the site," Warner said in a statement, quoted by US media.
"Until then, we simply cannot accept terms that fail to appropriately and fairly compensate recording artists, songwriters, labels and publishers for the value they provide," the music company added. (ANI)