Benefits of Surya Namaskar
Benefits of Surya Namaskar are not limited to physical fitness only but useful in various health aspects. Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is a set of twelve yoga postures that have great significance in maintaining good health and hence considered to be one of the most important and beneficial exercise for many health aspects ranging fromweight loss, improving body posture, strengthening muscles to cardiovascular wellness.
Surya Namaskar is the best physical exercise to start the day as it rejuvenates the body as well as mind and keeps you active throughout the day. Sun Salutation involves twelve postures of which each posture has its own significance and if performed on daily basis correctly, this can result in various health benefits.
The twelve postures of Surya Namaskar are done with the recitation of a specific mantra to maintain its significance, which are:
- Pranamasan (Om Mitraaya Namaha )
- Hasta Uttanasana (Om Ravaye Namaha)
- Pada Hastasana (Om Suryaaya Namaha)
- Ashwa-sanchalan-asan (Om Bhaanve Namaha)
- Parvatasana (Om khagaaya Namaha )
- Ashtanga Namaskar (Om Pooshney Namaha)
- Bhujangasana (Om Hiranayagarbhaaya Namah)
- Parvatasana (Om Mareechibhyoh Namaha)
- Ashwa-sanchalan-asan (Om Adityaaya Namaha)
- Pada Hastana (Om Savitre Namaha)
- Hasta Uttanasana (Om Arkaaya Namaha )
- Pranamasana (Om Bhaaskaraaya Namah)
Performing Surya Namaskar every morning is helpful in various health conditions that can be explained as:
- Surya Namaskar is extremely beneficial for the digestive system as it stretches the abdominal muscles making them well toned. In addition to that, it also helps to loose weight by reducing excessive fat accumulated in the body.
- Practicing Sun Salutation with easy pace is very relaxing as well as meditative as it involves chanting of mantras that gives it a spiritual touch and hence keeps your mind as well as soul calm and relaxed.
- Surya Namaskar stimulates blood circulation in the body and enhances hair growth. In addition to that, it also prevents hair from graying, hair fall, and dandruff.
- Surya Namaskar regulates irregular menstrual cycles in females and helps in easy delivery of child during pregnancy.
- Moreover, surya namaskar helps you loose extra calories that increase your weight and keeps you fit and fine.
- Regular practice of Sun Salutation keeps you face and skin glowing and radiant and also enhances vitality and strength in the body and muscles.
- Surya namaskar has great significance in providing great flexibility to the muscles that keeps you active and fit.
Here is the video of Surya Namaskar Yoga:
Check more details at: Benefits of Suryanamaskar - Benefits of Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation Yoga)
Read More: Hasta Kalan | Surya Nagar | Badli Pada | Arni | Khirsara (ghed) | Nava Matravad | Khatli | Gundasari | Baradiya | Chitravad | Dadar | Charel | Chavandi | Dhank | Kolki | Mekha Timbi | Paneli | Nagvadar | Hasta | Lagunia Surya Kanth
Israeli air strikes kill at least 18 in Gaza after truce collapse
August 21, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Donetsk residents flee the city as shelling intensifies
August 20, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Memories of German WWI atrocities haunt Belgium
August 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Lebanese church distributes aid for Iraqi refugees
August 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Survivors enlisted in Sierra Leone's Ebola battle
August 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM
"SOUTH AUSTRALIAN PREMIER LAUNCHES DREAM TEAM 15 (NNIS EXCLUSIVE) "
August 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM