PMO lists inclusive growth achievement
The Prime Minister's office (PMO) has listed 10 major achievements that showcase inclusive growth in the last one decade.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's official Twitter account identified 10 areas in which the reforms have helped achieve inclusive growth targets.
"More than 29 million families acquired a two-wheeler between 2001 to 2011," the PMO said on the micro-blogging site.
The PMO listed five achievements Monday. It listed five other areas Sunday highlighting inclusive growth.
Here are the 10 areas that the PMO has highlighted on Twitter.
- Nearly 38 million houses obtained tap water connections during the last decade.
- Computer penetration has increased the most during last decade.
- More than 29 million families acquired a two-wheeler between 2001 to 2011.
- Just in 10 years, 56 million households obtained TV sets.
- More than 44 million families moved into their own houses during the last two Five-Year Plans.
- More than 37 million households obtained liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) or processed natural gas (PNG) connections in 10 years.
- Telephony reached 137 million houses in 10 years - second fastest growth in the world.
- More than 60 million households got new electricity connections just in a decade.
- More than 34 million households acquired concrete roofs over their heads.
- More than 77 million households connected to banking services in a decade.
--With IANS Inputs--
7 ROB ATM MACHINE FILLED WITH CASH
June 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
SALWA JUDUM SPO BRUTALLY BEATEN UP BY POLICE OFFICER (NNIS SPECIAL)
June 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM
BJP SAYS, IT IS SETTING THE AGENDA FIRST FOR DELHI POLLS
June 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM