Benefits of Organic Farming
Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Organic farming is a science of agriculture that utilizes the biological means of cultivating crops with a coordination to the nature. Effective practice of organic farming can be very useful in every aspect and can be highly profitable in
comparison to the traditional and chemical farming. The benefits of organic farming are enormous and some of the major benefits can be listed as:
- Practice of organic farming can be very cost effective and the production cost can be reduced to over 25 percent in
comparison to the traditional farming as in case of organic farming you can cut the cost incurred in the use of synthetic fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides. In
addition to that, the use of organic farming reduces the soil erosion to 50 percent leading to the increase in the productive to five times in five years.
- In an organic farm especially in lowlands, a number of wildlife is supported and thus
improving the entire ecosystem and ground water which is quite beneficial for agriculture practices.
- The nutritional benefits of food grown in organic farming are significantly superior than the crops grown by the other modern conventional methods.
- Organic farming retains the fertility of the soil for a longer period of time and thus allows the farmers to use the land for a longer period for cultivation.
- One of the most important benefits to the consumers of the organic foods is they contain no harmful chemicals, artificial flavors and preservatives in it as the use of synthetic fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides and pesticides are completely
restricted in case of organic farming.
- The plants grown in organic farms are more drought resistant and hence is an added advantage for the farmers.
Organic farming promotes the fertility of the soil along with retaining it due to the use of biological manures and useful micro organism that helps to increase the fertility of the soil by proper decomposition and stimulation of nitrogen fixation.
- In addition to the producer and the consumers, organic farming has proved to be very beneficial for the dairy industry too as the cows of the dairies feed and graze on the organic farms that are rich in nutrients and thus the cows remain more healthy and free from diseases and produces high quality and better tasting milk.
- Apart from all the other benefits one of the most important benefits of organic farming is the health
benefits of organic foods. People consuming organic foods reduces the risk of
risks of physical ailments such as heart attacks, cancer, and even strokes.