Actress of 'blasphemous' anti-Islam film loses bid to have trailer removed from YouTube
Los Angeles, Dec. 2 (ANI): An actress who appeared in the anti-Muslim film made by an American citizen which is blamed for sparking violence in the Middle East, has lost another legal bid to have the trailer taken down from video sharing website YouTube.
A federal judge in Los Angeles denied a motion for injunction on Friday by Cindy Lee Garcia. It wasn't immediately known whether Garcia's attorneys would file an appeal, reports CBS News.
Earlier in September, Garcia had lost a similar legal challenge in state court when a judge rejected her lawsuit.
The film- Innocence of Muslims - which depicts the Prophet Mohammad as a religious fraud and a womanizer, enraged Muslims and ignited violence across the Muslim world, killing dozens.
Garcia said she was duped by the man behind the film, Mark Bassely Youssef and the script she saw referenced neither Muslims nor Prophet Mohammad. She also said her voice had been dubbed over after filming. (ANI)
The Rockettes light up the Empire State Building
March 28, 2015 at 7:57 AM
Laboured Spain win concerns coach Del Bosque
March 28, 2015 at 7:39 AM
Knox, lawyers react to Italy high court verdict
March 28, 2015 at 7:34 AM
Croatia and Norway prepare for Euro 2016 qualifier
March 28, 2015 at 7:12 AM
Pechstein ruling threatens sport's arbitration system, says CAS
March 28, 2015 at 7:10 AM
Barcelona star Lionel Messi is uncertain for friendly against El Salvador
March 28, 2015 at 6:32 AM