'Unfazed' Warner vows to stick to aggressive ways in Test matches despite poor form
Sydney, Nov 19(ANI): Belligerent Australian opening batsman David Warner has said he won't change his batting style despite making only one half-century in his last nine innings in Test matches.
Warner said he is going to stay true to himself and look to be positive when the second Test against world number one South Africa gets underway at the Adelaide Oval on Thursday.
"If the ball is there I'm still going to hit it, because that's my game and that's how I score my runs for the team. If I show intent, put the pressure back on them, then I know I'm doing my job rather than sitting there reacting," News.com.au quoted Warner, as saying.
"You know you're going to get consistent areas from them all the time, if I show intent and put pressure on them by getting a couple away, then I'm winning the battle," he added.
"At the end of the day, the way I play, I'm going to be hit-and-miss here and there but I'm trying to learn to be a bit more consistent," he said.
Australian chairman of selectors John Inverarity wouldn't guarantee Warner a spot for this Test when he spoke last week, but that doesn't faze the 26-year-old.
"That's up to John, he's the selector ... we've just got to wait and see what they come up with," Warner said. (ANI)
St Louis authorities bemoan Ferguson unrest
November 26, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Two dead, eight injured after bus shelled in Donetsk
November 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Pope Francis urges 'haggard' Europe to lead again
November 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Japanese 'Manzai' comedy style lands in the US
November 26, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Catholics gather at Strasbourg Cathedral to watch pope's visit
November 26, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Ebola: EU medical aid arrives in Liberia
November 26, 2014 at 12:30 AM