10 dirty secrets of restaurants revealed!
Washington, Nov. 16 (ANI): From bread baskets circulating from table to table to waiters going missing in action (MIA), a London born American waitress has revealed 10 shocking secrets from restaurants' kitchens in her memoir.
Debra Ginsberg waited tables for 20 years before compiling her memoir called 'Waiting: The True Confessions of a Waitress,' ABC News reported.
The 10 dirty restaurants' kitchen's secrets are:
1. Uneaten bread and butter present in the bread basket tends to circulate from table to table.
2. If the waiter disappears for a while, it could be because he is canoodling with another employee near food.
3. Restaurant employees, who work with food, frequently go directly from the bathroom back to the kitchen without washing their hands
4. The garnish of olives in martini are sometimes nasty as they are often dusty and old.
5. Chefs often save the less desirable pieces of meat for diners who want their steak well done.
6. The fresh sea food pasta usually has fish that's been around for a while that later gets stuffed into ravioli.
7. A chef is infuriated when food is sent back to the kitchen and then in retaliation can make people wait forever for their food.
8. After dinner-coffees might not necessarily be decaf.
9. Leftovers are packed in a very careless way by restaurant employees.
10. Mother's Day or Valentine's Day are the days when the service of the restaurant can be substandard as the wait staff is typically stretched to the limit. (ANI)
World's first 'bionic' pop star
December 18, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Putin promises economic recovery, digs in on Ukraine
December 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Putin presser fails to impress
December 18, 2014 at 10:40 PM
West Ham prepare for busy Christmas schedule
December 18, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Young Cuban-Americans open to engaging with Havana
December 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM
DR Congo ex-rebels found in Uganda refugee camp
December 18, 2014 at 10:25 PM