Now, gizmo that alerts pet owners when their car gets too hot
London, July 29 (ANI): A woman from Britain has invested 140,000 pounds to launch an alarm for dog owners, after her two Jack Russells nearly died from heat when she left them in her car.
Victoria Davidson, 43, left Monty and Scrappers in her car on a cloudy day for what she thought would be a ten-minute business meeting.
But the meeting lasted more than half an hour and by the time she got back, her dogs were suffering from heat exhaustion.
"I was horrified. They only have short hair but if they had been alsatians, I do not think they would have survived," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
"I came up with the idea for the heat alarm. It seems like a lot of money to spend but I really love my dogs," she said.Davidson, a former equestrian eventer, launched her AnimAlarm device two months ago, and is selling it from her home in Maisemore, Gloucestershire.
The gizmo, which costs 108 pounds, looks like a TV remote control and is the size of a mobile phone.
The user sets the maximum temperature to be reached before an alarm is triggered and places the device in a shaded part of the car.
It sends the user a text message if the temperature reaches the present threshold.
"I do not want people to use this as an excuse to leave their pets in the car, but sometimes even when you are in the car it is good to have one of these in the back where the dogs are," she said. (ANI)
Read More: Mail | Victoria Park | Victoria Extension Road | Shyambazar Mail Delivery Po | Amtala (mobile) | Mail Bazar | Kirhi | Sakla Bazar | Chaugain | Bichhiaon | Belaur | Sakhuan | Sarathua | Kasap | Jamuaon Dihari | Khopira | Bachari | Daily | Victoria Mission | Victoria Azarenka
Li Keqiang in India, Pol parties urge Govt to tackle border row strongly
May 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I AM NOT HERE TO CHALLENGE KHANS-RANBIR
May 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM
CONG FIRM ON GETTING FOOD SECURITY BILL PASSED
May 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM