Bangladesh Premier League says 25 percent tax deduction was 'part of contract'
Karachi, June 10 (ANI): The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has called in franchise officials of its Twenty20 league in a bid to resolve the pending non-payment issue, as it faces a legal action from the players' association, FICA.
While half the franchises have cleared their dues, the problem has come up due to the rest finding it difficult to arrange huge sums in such a short time, said chairman of Duronto Rajshahi, Mushfiqur Rehman Mohan.
"The board wants to ensure that these problems don't surface again which is why a meeting took place," The Express Tribune quoted Mohan, as saying.
"They've been paid 75 percent because the other 25 percent is the tax that has been deducted for foreign players. We'll send the receipts of the tax payment to clear any doubts in the players' minds," he added.
"We want to take the Bangladesh Premier League to new heights in the next edition and I promise these problems will not happen," he further said.
Meanwhile, the Pakistani players who took part in the event's inaugural edition have confirmed that no such tax clause was present in their contracts.
"They've deducted 25 percent and called it tax while the amount that was to be deducted was not mentioned in the contracts," said a player.
"I've been asking them to send me the receipt as proof because I can't believe the tax rate will be this high. The organisers are acting in an immature manner that could harm their reputation and the participation of the players in the future," he added. (ANI)
Read More: Bangladesh | D. K. Mohan Garden Po | Mohan Nagar | Mohan Bhandari | Rehman Khera | Mohan | Municipal Board Ndtso | Khad Mohan Nagar | Mohan Sankari | Sarai Mohan | Mohan Garh | Mohan Nagar Durg | Raja Ram Mohan Sarani | Assam Tribune | Mon Mohan Gaon | Mohan Darwan | Sasaram Local Board | Distt. Board Ndtso | District Board | Bihar School Examination Board
HOT WEATHER WILL CONTINUE IN ALLAHABAD: WEATHER SCIENTIST (SUMMER SPECIAL STORY)
May 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM
"KASHMIRI GIRL BECOMES EDITOR OF UNO NEWSPAPER, PEACE GONG (Positive India) "
May 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Omar takes up Chinese incursion, Kashmir agenda at the forefront
May 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM