London, May 13 (ANI): Prince Harry has now set his sights on conquering the South Pole, after he got a taste for adventure from his four-day trek across the Arctic.
After his North Pole expedition, the 27-year-old prince is said to be in talks to join wounded soldiers on another ambitious but much longer polar mission, to deepest Antarctica.
"The will is certainly there but it is all a question of timing," the Daily Express quoted a source as saying.
Harry joined four soldiers on the first part of their Arctic trek last year to raise money for the charity Walking With The Wounded, of which he is a patron.
Military commitments meant that he was not able to complete the whole of the 13-day, 190-mile journey to the North Pole, in which he dragged a 220lbs sled in temperatures as low as -35C.
Despite the harsh conditions he endured, aides are said to be looking at his diary to see if it might be possible to fit in the five-week trek to the South Pole in November and December 2013.
Harry also paid tribute to the four former servicemen he joined on the trek last April to the North Pole, admitting that he had "struggled to keep up with them".
Guy Disney, Jaco van Gass, Martin Hewitt and Steve Young were the fastest team to reach the Pole that season, despite all having sustained horrific injuries in the field. (ANI)