India condemns bomb attack in Bahrain, all Indians safe
New Delhi, April 13 (IANS) India Friday condemned a bomb attack in a village in Bahrain and assured that the over 400,000 Indians living in the Gulf country are safe.
"We condemn such acts of violence," external affairs ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said here.
"Our embassy in Manama, Bahrain is closely monitoring the situation and has conveyed that all Indians in Bahrain are safe," the spokesperson said.
Two home-made bombs Thursday were hurled into a school in Bahrain, but there were no casualties.
Seven policemen were injured earlier this week after a petrol bomb exploded in East Ekar area. Anti-government protesters have stepped up activities as Bahrain is set to host the Formula 1 race April 20-22. The protesters have urged the international community to boycott the race.
Read More: Bahrain | Mumbai Indians | East Delhi | Badarpur Syed | Syed Shahpur | Anti | Mahim East | Bhandup East | Jogeshwari East | Goregaon East | Borivali East | Andheri East | Malad East | Kandivali East | Arsikere East | Syed Chincholi | Guledgudd East | Washermanpet East | Konnur East | Poonamallee East | Fri
7 ROB ATM MACHINE FILLED WITH CASH
June 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
SALWA JUDUM SPO BRUTALLY BEATEN UP BY POLICE OFFICER (NNIS SPECIAL)
June 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM
BJP SAYS, IT IS SETTING THE AGENDA FIRST FOR DELHI POLLS
June 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM