- Nissan recalls 800,000 Micras over glitch in steering wheels
- HSBC could face criminal prosecution as deal on money laundering charges stalls
- Planning Commission approves Uttarakhand Annual Plan of Rs 8500 crore for 2013-14
- China clears Boeing 787s for commercial service
- Cabinet approves proposal for creation of 20,751 additional posts in IT Dept
- ESPN lays offs some of its employees to control costs(Amended/ESPN Employee/Update)
- Google wants 'rational tax system' following criticism over firm's lesser tax transparency
- Rediff.com reports fiscal 2013 fourth quarter and year-end results
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise (Re-issue with correction)
- Ford to close manufacturing operations in Australia, slash 1200 jobs
India to set up Rs.5,000 crore as innovation fund
NI Wire, Thu, 2 May 2013
Government of India has a plan to set up Rs.5,000 crore fund to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship, top official said Thursday. An initial amount of $20 million (Rs.100 crore) would be provided to the India Inclusive Innovation Fund and the remaining amount would come via scheduled banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, corporates, high net worth individuals as well as bilateral and multilateral institutions, said Economic Affairs Secretary Arvind Mayaram.
FDI in multi brand retail: SC dismisses the challenge
NI Wire, Wed, 1 May 2013
In a bid to hearing the issue of allowing Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), the Supreme Court has upheld the government policy of allowing Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
7,000 new bank branches to open every year: Chidambaram
NI Wire, Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Union Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on Monday revealed that the government is planning to open 7000 new bank branches across the country every year. Chidambaram said during his visit to his parliamentary constituency of Sivagangai in Tamil Nadu.
PepsiCo India launches stronger, fizzier cola 'Pepsi Atom'
NI Wire, Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Beverages giant PepsiCo India in order to expand its cola portfolio launched 'Pepsi Atom' Thursday with some stronger cola taste.
Centre clears 13 power projects, 25 oil and gas blocks
NI Wire, Tue, 23 Apr 2013
The Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI) has passed 13 power projects, which involves a total investment worth Rs.33,000 crore rupees. These 13 projects include 10 transmission, one hydro and two thermal projects.
Renewable energy capacity to double by 2017: PM
CAIT alleged, FTA will have adverse impact on our economy
How is user affected by SC decision over in 3G issue
IMF raises concern on various issues despite overall economic growth